The Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi has further extended the application deadline for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2020.
According to the latest news released by the conducting body on the official website, the last date to apply for GATE 2020 is September 28, 2019. The extension has been provided due to the heavy traffic witnessed on the website in the last few days. Candidates can check the complete registration and application details for GATE 2020 below.
GATE 2020 Exam Registration Process
The steps to follow to register for GATE 2020 Exam online are as follows
- Visit the GATE 2020 Official website to register iitd.ac.in
- Enter the personal details such as Name, Email ID, Country and other requested credentials
- Create the login password and click submit for completing GATE Registration.
- Login using e-mail ID and Password sent on your mail ID and select ‘Application form’ link
- On the redirected page, enter personal details such as name, gender, date of birth etc
- Upload scanned photograph, signature, degree certificate, category certificate (if applicable).
- Save the application form. Pay the fee through net banking/debit card/credit card.
- Submit the application form and take the printout of the acknowledgement page.
The list of documents required for the GATE 2020 application process have been listed below
- Educational qualification details
- A passport size photograph (against a white background)
- Signature in blue or black ink.
- Scanned copy of your educational certificates.
- Scanned copy of caste certificate/category (SC/ST) if applicable
- Scanned copy of PWD Certificate (if applicable).
- A Scanned copy of Dyslexia Certificate (if applicable).
- Valid ID Document
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment.
The direct link provided for the registration process is as follows – GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
GATE 2020 Exam Syllabus
The syllabus consists of 24 subjects. However, candidates have to write the exam in only one discipline in which they have completed their qualifying exam. Candidates are advised to check the detailed GATE 2020 Syllabus for the related discipline in order to identify and focus on the important topics to be questioned in the examination.
GATE 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam is conducted as a Computer-based Test (CBT). It will have Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all the papers and sections.
In GATE Exam for all the papers, there will be a total of 65 questions which carries 100 marks and out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks will be on General Aptitude (GS) which is intended to test the Language and analytical skills of candidates.
For more information or queries regarding the exam, candidates are advised to visit the official exam website http://gate.iitd.ac.in/ or contact the following helpline number 044-22578200.