Ashwath Narayan, Minister of Higher Education, Karnataka, declared on May 13, 2020, that Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET)- 2020 will be held on July 30 and 31, 2020. Originally, the exam was scheduled to be held on April 22-24, 2020 but postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the extended lockdown. The revised dates were supposed to be announced after lifting of lockdown, but the minister went ahead with the announcement of the dates. Around 1.9 lakh students have registered for the test. Also as per the UGC guidelines, classes for UG and PG courses are likely to begin from September 1, 2020.
The Minister also mentioned about GetCETGo, the Government’s initiative to provide a free online coaching portal to help students prepare for exams like KCET and NEET has received an overwhelming response from the student community. The program was launched on April 20, 2020, and statistics show that around 76,913 students have logged into the app. The total number of viewers for Youtube videos is 2,45,402. This app seems to help students in their preparation and revision.
Important dates and events of KCET 2020
|Commencement of online application process||May 8, 2020|
|Closure of online application process||May 18, 2020|
|Last date for payment of application fee||May 18, 2020|
|Dates for KCET examination||July 30, 2020 & July 31, 2020|
Steps to apply for KCET 2020
- Visit the official portal- cetonline.karnataka.gov.in
- On the homepage, click on the scrolling link “CET -2020 – Online Application Link”.
- On the redirected page, at the bottom, click on the link “New users? Click Here To Register – New User? Click Here to Register”
- On the redirected page, click on the link “Proceed to fill online application – PROCEED TO APPLY ONLINE”.
- On the next page, select the mode of citizenship. Post selection, fill the questionnaire and hit “Submit”
- An application number will be generated which is to be used for all future correspondence. Registered mobile number will receive the application number and user-id. Also, click on the link “Click Here” to login. On the next page, provide all the details and login. The application form will be displayed.
- Fill all the details and hit “Save & Next”.
- Fill in other details as required.
- Upload scanned copies of photograph and signature.
- Agree to the declaration.
- Pay the required amount of fee.
- Download and print a copy of application form of KCET 2020, for future use.
About KCET 2020
KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test) 2020, is conducted by KEA (Karnataka Examinations Authority). It serves as a screening test to shortlist candidates for admission into a wide range of professional courses. KCET scores decide admission into first semester of full-time courses in Govt Colleges offering B.Tech, Technology, Engineering, Naturopathy & Yoga, B.Pharm, D.Pharm, Veterinary Courses, Agricultural and Farm Science Courses.