Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, HRD Minister, has announced the date for JEE Advanced 2020. IIT Delhi is vested with the responsibility of conducting the exam for JEE Advanced 2020. Earlier on May 5, 2020, the dates of JEE Main 2020 Engineering Entrance Exam were announced. Very soon, the date for JEE Advanced has been announced and it will take place on August 23, 2020. The detailed schedule will be released on the official website – jeeadv.ac.in
JEE Main 2020 will be conducted from July 18, 2020 to July 23, 2020. Considering the date of the JEE Advanced 2020, it can be concluded that the results of JEE Main 2020 are likely to be announced by August 10, 2020. The online application process for JEE Advanced 2020 will commence only after the declaration of final results of JEE Main 2020 along with the JEE Main 2020 Ranks.
Owing to the COVID-19 pandemic all board exams and major entrance exams were postponed and JEE Advanced followed suit. As per earlier notification, the JEE Advanced Exam 2020 was to be conducted on May 17, 2020. However, due to the delay, it will now be held on August 23, 2020.
Eligibility criteria for Indian Nationals appearing in JEE Advanced 2020
- Performance in JEE (Main) 2020: Candidates should rank among the top 2,50,000 successful candidates (including all categories) in B.E./B.Tech. Paper of JEE (Main) 2020.
- Age limit: Those candidates born on or after October 1, 1995, are eligible. SC, ST and PwD candidates will be given a relaxation of 5 years.
- Number of attempts: A candidate can appear for JEE (Advanced) two times [maximum] in two consecutive years.
- Appearance in Class XII (or equivalent) examination: A candidate should have appeared [ for the first time] and qualified in the Class XII (or equivalent) examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Earlier admission at IITs: No past record of being admitted into an IIT.
About JEE Advanced
The seven Zonal Coordinating (ZC) IITs will be conducting JEE Advanced 2020 [Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) 2020], under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB) 2020. The performance of a candidate in JEE (Advanced) 2020 will decide his/her entry into the Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual Degree programs (entry at the 10+2 level) in all the IITs in the academic year 2020-21. The decision of JAB 2020 will be considered final in all matters related to JEE (Advanced) 2020. The examination contains two papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2) each for a duration of 3 hours. Both the papers are compulsory.