The University of Delhi has recently released an official notification regarding the development of the Postgraduate Admission procedure. As per the notice released earlier, the first merit list is supposed to be released on 18 November 2020 for both the entrance based test and the merit-based admission. But the last semester result for a few undergraduate courses under Delhi University has not yet been announced. These courses include B.A Hons. English, B.A Hons. Psychology, B.A Hons. History and B.A Hons. Political Science.
UG Marks to be Uploaded by 16 November 2020
Candidates seeking admission into the 56 Postgraduate courses offered by the varsity, received an email for the marks update. Since DU has declared OBE results for almost all courses, the cumulative of all semesters must be uploaded to draft a merit list.
Please note that the window for the marks update will close today, i.e., 16 November 2020. Candidates must upload their marks positively, as the varsity will provide no other chance. Students awaiting for their results are requested to wait, and the admission will be kept on hold, or the candidates will be admitted provisionally.
What Does the Official Notification of DU Say
According to the official notification, all the eligible applicants for PG courses must know that the University of Delhi shall commence its admission (Merit and Entrance) to the various courses from 18 November 2020. The admission to some courses is either based only on the entrance or through both entrance and merit. All the applicants whose final year University results are declared must update their marks on their dashboard. Applicants whose final year result of the qualifying examination has not yet been declared should wait further to update their marks.
Entrance/Merit Based Admission
- The DU admission list will be prepared based on the result of the entrance test conducted by NTA.
- Applicants who are awarded grades must upload the converted percentage.
- The applicants will have to submit their final year results by the last date of admission as declared by DU.
- In case of Tie in the Entrance Test marks, tie-breakers in the following order of preference will be applied:
• Candidates with a higher percentage in Qualifying Examination as mentioned in the eligibility criteria will be given preference.
• Candidates with a higher percentage in the final year of bachelor’s degree will be given preference, then the preceding year and so on.
• Candidates having higher aggregate marks (five subjects, including one language) in class XII Board examination will be given preference.
- In case the result of the qualifying examination has not been declared for applicants on the Tie, admission to that seat will be kept on hold.
- Students of DU who had applied only for Entrance Based Admission will also be eligible to take admission in Merit-Based Admission