After the directive received by the Delhi High Court, the University of Delhi has started taking serious action regarding the admission procedure for the current academic year 2020-21. Delhi University has released a consolidated list of vacant seats left in colleges for various courses. The list is released for multiple undergraduate programs. The list of empty seats under entrance-based admission will be released later.
How to Check Delhi University List of Vacant Seats After 5th Cut-Off?
Candidates who had registered for the undergraduate Delhi University admission under Delhi University and still haven’t been able to secure a seat in any of the listed colleges must refer to the steps mentioned below to view the list of vacant seats. For the convenience of the candidates, a direct link to view the list has also been provided below:
- Visit the official website – du.ac.in
- On the landing page, click on the tab titled, “Admissions 2020.”
- Now on the right-hand side of the page, find the section titled, “Information about UG Admission.”
- Under the section, click on the link which mentions ‘Vacant Seats after 5th Cut-Off.’
- The PDF containing the list of the vacant seats for various colleges and various undergraduate programmes will be displayed on the screen.
- View the list and download the same for future reference.
Particulars Mentioned on the List
Candidates must check the following particulars very carefully on the list of vacant seats before moving further with the admission procedure:
- Name of the College (arranged in alphabetic order).
- UG merit Based Courses offered (including BA Prog. Disciplines).
- Vacant Seats under various category (UR, SC, ST, OBS, EWS and Minority).
- The last cut-off announced for various categories.
Special Notice from Admission Branch
Delhi University has released a special notification on its official website on behalf of the DU Admission Branch of 2020-21. The official notification reads that “As notified in the UG Bulletin of Information, colleges have declared the number of seats left vacant in each course after the 5th Cut-Off. The list is available on the website of the University of Delhi. It has come to the notice of the Admission Branch that some media has reported that the University has commenced the Special Cut-Off. All applicants are hereby notified to neither cancel nor withdraw their admission based on this false reporting.
The Admission Branch will notify the Guidelines and the Schedule for the same soon on the website of the University of Delhi.”