In the view of COVID-19 and by the orders of the Central Government, many exams have been postponed. Delhi CET 2020 is no exemption. The Prime Minister has decalred a nationwide lockdown as well.
After 128 people tested positive for COVID-19, about 2300 people were evacuated from a building in south Delhi’s Nizamuddin. Due to the increase in number of COVID-19 deaths in India and for the benefit of student community, the online submission of Delhi CET 2020 application form has been further postponed to April 17, 2020. Initially, the commencement of application form was on April 1, 2020.
Important dates and events of Delhi CET 2020
|Commencement of Delhi CET 2020 Application Window||April 17, 2020 [ postponed date]|
|Closure of registration form||April 30, 2020|
|Last date for submission of application fee||April 30, 2020|
|Download of admit card begins from||May 26, 2020|
|Delhi CET 2020 examination dates||June 6, 2020 and June 7, 2020|
|Announcement of Results||June 19, 2020|
|Counselling starts from||June 22, 2020|
Steps to apply for Delhi CET 2020
- Visit the official portal- cetdelhi.nic.in
- On the homepage, click on the link “APPLY DIPLOMA ADMISSION FOR CET-2020″ to select the desired test.
- Click on “Test” and select the Test No. wishing to appear.
- Then click on the link relevant to apply for the test.
- On the new window that appears click on “NEW REGISTRATION”.
- After successful completion of registration, an application number will be generated.
- Use the application number to login and fill the application form.
- Upload scanned copies of the image and signature.
- Pay the required amount of fee.
- A confirmation page will be generated. Download and take a print out of Delhi CET 2020 confirmation page for future reference.
Details about the different tests for Delhi CET 2020
- Test- 1: For 10th based Engineering and Non-Engineering Diploma Courses.
- Test- 2: For 12th based Diploma Course in Modern Office Practice (English and Hindi).
- Test- 3: For 12th based Diploma Course in Pharmacy.
- Test- 4: For Lateral Entry (For admission directly in second year).
About Delhi CET
Common Entrance Test (CET- 2020) is conducted throughout Delhi to select and admit candidates for first semester/ first year of the academic session 2020-21 for various full-time diploma programmes in Engineering and non-Engineering, being provided at institutes affiliated to the Board of Technical Education (BTE).