CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) has extended the date of submission of application form till today i.e., 2nd March 2020. Candidates who are interested and are yet to fill the application form, can do it by today. The test will be conducted in twenty languages in one hundred and twelve cities all over the country. This will be the fourteenth edition of Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET).
Important dates and events of CTET July 2020 exam
|Commencement for Submission of On-line Application||24th January 2020|
|Last date for submission of online application||2nd March 2020 [Extended]|
|Last date for payment of fees||5th March 2020 till 3:30 PM|
|Final verification of payment of fee by the candidates||6th March 2020|
|Hall Ticket download||3rd week of June 2020 (Tentative)|
|Exam date||5th July 2020|
|Result declaration||Within 6 week from the date of examination|
Steps to apply for CTET July 2020 exam
- Visit the official website – ctet.nic.in
- On home page find and click on the link “Application Form for CTET JULY 2020”.
- On the new page that appears, click on “NEW REGISTRATION” link.
- It redirects to another page containing the instructions to fill the form. Agree to the declaration by checking in the box against it and click “Click here to Proceed”.
- Enter the “Personal Details”, “Contact Details”, “Password”, “Security Pin” and Captcha.
- Fill in the application form and on successful completion, an Application No will be generated which is to be used for all future correspondence.
- Scanned images of the latest photograph and signature need to be uploaded.
- Pay the required amount of fee.
- Print confirmation page for all future records and references.
|Minimum Qualifications for becoming Teacher (Classes 1 to 5)||
SSC or its equivalent with 50% marks and passed or pursuing final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education/4- year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed)/2- year Diploma in Education (Special Education)/ Bachelor of Education (B.Ed).
SSC or its equivalent with 45% marks and passed or pursuing final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education in accordance with the NCTE
|Minimum Qualifications for becoming Teacher (Classes 6 to 8)||
Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or pursuing 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education)/1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed)/in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education. (or) SSC or its equivalent with 50% marks and passed or pursuing final year of 4- year B.EI.Ed (Bachelor in Elementary Education) /final year of 4- year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
Graduation with 45% marks and passed or pursuing 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) in accordance with the NCTE
NOTE : 5% relaxation will be granted in the qualifying marks for SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled candidates.
The responsibility of conducting the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) is conferred on the Central Board of Secondary Education [CBSE] Delhi by The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
National Council for Teacher Education through notifications dated 23rd August, 2010 and 29th July, 2011 put down the minimum qualifications for a person to be able to become a teacher for class 1 to 8. This was done in line with the provisions of the RTE Act. One of the key qualification is the Teacher Eligility Test which will be conducted by the appropriate Government in accordance with the Guidelines framed by the NCTE.