The 2019 edition of the Common Admission Test (CAT) will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Management, Kozikhode (IIM-K)
The other important (tentative) dates to be noted are as follows – CAT 2019 Exam Registration commences in the second week of August while the admit card release has been scheduled for the last week of October, 2019. The CAT 2019 exam as always has been scheduled to be conducted on the 24 November, 2019 (Sunday). The results will be announced in and around the first week of January 2020.
Common Admission Test (CAT) is the most popular National level management entrance exam conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) for admission to 20 IIM’s and more than 100 B-schools across India. The CAT exam helps management course aspirants to get admission in top management colleges in India. The exam is conducted and administrated by one of the IIMs on a yearly, rotational basis. The exam is conducted online and the results are announced on IIMs common official website iimcat.ac.in. The CAT 2019 entrance test will be held in around 144 plus exam centers across the nation.
To be eligible to write the CAT 2019 exam, the candidates need to have completed their graduation degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or an equivalent CGPA from a recognised university or educational institute. Candidates who are in the final year of their UG courses can also apply for CAT 2019. Applicants who have a CA/CS/ICWA degree will also be considered eligible. General category candidates need to have obtained a minimum score of 50% in any of the mentioned degrees, whereas reserved category (SC/ST/PWD) candidates must have obtained a minimum of 45% aggregate marks.
The CAT Syllabus is divided into 3 sections which test the Logical Thinking, Verbal Ability, and Mathematical Analysis of the candidate. The other exam pattern related details are as follows:
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
- Mode of Exam: The CAT 2019 examination will be conducted Online (Computer-based test).
- Type of Questions: CAT 2019 paper will consist of 2 types of questions: MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) as well as non-MCQs.
- Total Questions: There will be a total of 100 questions.
- Sections: Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, Verbal and Reading Comprehension.
- Exam duration: Candidates will be provided 3 hours to complete the CAT 2019 exam which counts to an hour per section.
- Negative marking (MCQs): There will be a total of 75 questions which if answered wrong will incur negative marking.
- Without negative marking: There will be a total of 25 questions which will not incur any negative marking even if answered wrong.
The total number of question under negative and non-negative marking vary from one year to another. The exact CAT 2019 pattern cannot be predicted and is changed a little every year. For more information regarding the exam, the candidates are advised to visit the official IIM CAT 2019 exam website.