Owing to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown and its extension, the last date for submission of online application form for JK Common Entrance Test (JKCET) and JK Polytechnic Entrance Test (JKPET) 2020 has been extended by JKBOPEE (Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination). As per the notification provided on the official website, the last date for submission of the application form is May 31, 2020. Candidates wishing to and not yet applied can do so by visiting the official website – jkbopee.gov.in
Original and Revised Dates for JKCET and JKPET Application 2020
|Events||Original date||Revised date|
|Last date for submission of application form||May 10, 2020||May 31, 2020|
|Last date for online payment||May 31, 2020|
|Last date for uploading documents||May 31, 2020|
Steps to apply for JKCET 2020 and JKPET 2020
- Visit the official portal – jkbopee.gov.in
- On the homepage, on the top menu, click on “Exam”. From the dropdown list, select the exam of your choice [Common Entrance Test (Engineering) or Polytechnic Entrance Test].
- On the redirected page, scroll to the bottom of the page. Click on the link “Click here to fill application”.
- A pop-up appears. Read through the instructions, agree and click “Apply”. Application form will be displayed.
- Fill the application form and upload scanned copies of photograph, signature and thumb impression. Enter the verification code and hit “Submit”.
- Click on the link “Click Here” corresponding to the link stating, furnished registration details are correct.
- A unique application number will be generated which will be used for all future correspondence.
- Click on the link “Click here to Make Payment” and pay the required amount of fee.
- Download and print a copy of the application form of JKCET 2020/JKPET 2020, for future use.
Consequent upon the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations Act, passed by the State Legislature, the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations was established in 2002. The Board effectively replaced the Competent Authority Entrance Examinations which existed earlier. The purpose of creating an examining body was to execute the task of selecting candidates in an independent and efficient manner.
The Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations has been conducting different examinations as follows:
- Combined Entrance Test for admissions to MBBS, BDS, BUMS, SKIMS, BAMS Courses
- B.Ed. (Jammu/Kashmir) Entrance Test.
- Three years Diploma Polytechnic Entrance Test.
- Physiotherapy, B.E. and Diploma Dental Hygiene.
- MD/MS/PG Diploma/MDS Entrance Test.
- MD/MS Ayurveda Entrance Test.