Consequent upon the COVID-19 pandemic and its lockdown, TS POLYCET 2020 application submission date have been extended till May 9, 2020. Originally, the date of application submission was April 4, 2020 and the exam was previously scheduled to be conducted on April 17, 2020. Interested candidates can fill out the application form available on the official website – polycetts.nic.in
The exam (TS-POLYCET 2020) will be for a duration of 2 hrs and 30 mins. It consists of only one paper and will be conducted for 150 marks. Attempting Biology questions is optional for candidates who want to join Diploma courses in engineering & Non Engineering subjects of Polytechnics in Technical Education.
Revised datesheet of TS POLYCET 2020
|Commencement of online filing of POLYCET-2020
|March 2, 2020|
|Closure of online application form||May 9, 2020|
|Date of examination||To be announced|
Steps to apply for TS POLYCET 2020
- Visit the official portal- polycetts.nic.in
- On the homepage, in the top menu, click on the link “File Application”.
- Furnish all the required details and click on “Show Application”.
- On the redirected page, fill in all the details in the application form.
- Upload scanned copies of photograph and signature.
- Pay the required amount of fee.
- Submit the details.
- Download and print a copy of the hall ticket of TS POLYCET 2020, for future reference.
Pattern of question paper:
|Subject||No. of. Questions||Marks|
Two separate ranks will be generated based on the following formula:
|Course and college opted for||Factors determining admission|
|Agricultural Polytechnics of Prof. Jayashankar Agricultural university, Hyderabad||
Maths (60/2=30 Marks) + Physics (30 Marks) + Chemistry (30
Marks) + Biology (30) Marks put together for maximum marks of 120
|Polytechnics of Technical Education Department||
Maths (60 marks) + Physics (30 Marks) + Chemistry (30 Marks) put together for maximum marks of 120.
State Board of Technical Education and Training, Hyderabad conducts POLYCET (Polytechnic Common Entrance Test). The rank obtained in POLYCET determines admission into the following courses:
- Diploma level programmes offered in Government, Government-Aided, 2nd Shift Polytechnics run by existing Private Un-Aided Engineering Colleges in Telangana State and private Un-Aided Polytechnics.
- Diploma Courses offered by PJTSAU (Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University), both via University and affiliated polytechnics in the Telangana State.