Application date has been extended for NEST 2020 by NISER (National Institute of Science Education and Research). As per the notification on the official website, the NEST 2020 application dates have been extended to April 19, 2020. Candidates wishing to and yet to apply for the NEST 2020 examination can visit the official website to apply for the exams.
Important dates and events of NEST 2020
|Commencement of online registration||January 8, 2020|
|Closure of online application||April 3, 2020 [Extended to April 19, 2020]|
|Download of admit card starts from||To be announced|
|Date of examination||June 6, 2020|
|First Counselling of NISER Bhubaneswar||To be announced|
|First Counselling of CEBS Mumbai||To be announced|
Steps to apply for NEST 2020
- Visit the official portal- niser.ac.in
- On the homepage, under the “Admissions” section, click on the link relevant to NEST 2020.
- On the page that appears, click on “Apply Online” link. Register by giving all the details. Registered email id will get an username and password.
- Use them to login. Once logged in, provide the personal details and educational qualification.
- Upload image and signature.
- Pay the required amount of fee.
- Then after reading the declaration, agree to the terms and conditions by checking in the “I agree” box.
- Submit the details.
Eligibility criteria for admission
- For General and OBC category, candidates should be born on or after August 01, 2000. SC/ ST/ Divyangjan candidates get age relaxation upto 5 years.
- Class 12 examination should be passed in either 2018 or 2019. Candidates pursuing in 2020 are also eligible.
- At least 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class 12 (or equivalent) examination from any recognized Board in India. The minimum requirement is 55% for SC/ST and for Divyangjan candidates.
- Candidate should obtain a position in the NEST merit list.
NISER (National Institute of Science Education and Research) operates as an autonomous institute under DAE, Government of India. A primary objective of the institute is to develop and enrich human resources in the Sciences for the knowledge economies of the future. This involves infusing a new scientific culture where members of our community attain to an intellectual speed unconstrained by the limitations of tradition of the past.
Staff and students are given generous material support in the pursuit to realize this objective. It has a considerably small student-faculty ratio, an eventual full strength of two thousand students and three hundred faculty, which manifests the institutes investment and hope in the future.