In a recent social media post, IIT Delhi Director V Ramgopal Rao put forth a justification for the decision ruled out by the Supreme Court. Negating the appeals made by the candidates and their guardians, the Supreme Court last week said that NEET and JEE Main would take place on the decided dates, i.e., September 13, 2020 and September 1, 2020 to September 6, 2020, respectively. In the post, Rao mentioned that further delay in conducting the crucial examinations of NEET and JEE Main could lead to severe repercussions. It can jeopardize the entire future and career of deserving students.
Rao further added that the COVID-19 is here to stay for a while. It is not going away anywhere in less than a year, but that doesn’t mean that it provides a license for leisure in any case. Rao said that the lockdown is not the final solution to the problem; in fact, it was an opportunity for all to prepare well for the future. The JEE Main for the current academic year has already been delayed twice and finally scheduled for September. According to Rao, if the examinations are delayed any further, it would mean a zero academic year for all.
If the exams are conducted successfully in September, only then can the classes begin in December. If any student is unable to appear for the examination this time, they can do so after six months, since JEE will be conducted twice a year, “I don’t see any reason for concern,” said Rao.
A Note for Students
Rao concluded by saying that candidates must put their faith in their respective institutions as they will put their best foot forward in ensuring their safety and health. “Health of candidates is of utmost concern to all of us. We all have children, and we can connect with the parents of candidates,” he said. On behalf of the IITs, Rao appealed the students to gear up for the examination and follow the guidelines laid down by NTA. They should be rest assured as NTA and MHRD are doing their best to fortify the future of the candidates.