Owing to the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown and its extension, common entrance tests such as EAMCET, ICET, ECET, PGECET 2020 have been postponed. They are expected to be conducted by TSCHE (Telangana State Council of Higher Education) in the mid of June 2020. The State of Telengana is under a state wide lockdown till May 7, 2020.
In an interview to the press, T Papi Reddy, TSCHE chairman was quoted saying that the authorities will take three weeks to conduct the Common Entrance Tests, once the application process for the same is over. It is therefore ascertained that the CET exams will be conducted by mid-June 2020, given that lockdown is not extended further. Also the last date for submission of application has been extended till May 5, 2020. Candidates wishing to and not yet applied, can do it, by visiting the official website- tsche.ac.in
Revised date sheet for CET exams 2020
|Last date for application submission||May 5, 2020|
|Application correction window (only for EAMCET)||May 6, 2020 to May 11, 2020|
|Date of examination||Will be announced in due course of time|
Steps to apply for all the CET exams 2020
- Visit the official portal- tsche.ac.in
- On the homepage, under the “Common Entrance Tests – 2020”, select the exam wishing to appear.
- On the new page that appears, click on the link relevant to payment of the fee.
- Pay the required amount of fee.
- After successful payment, it automatically redirects to the page application form page.
- Fill out the application form.
- Download and take a printout of the CET 2020 application form for future use.
Consequent upon the the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Act, 2014 (No.6 of 2014) of Parliament, the State of Telangana emerged as 29th State in the Indian union. The Act recieved the approval of the President of India on the first march 2014 and came into existence w.e.f. 02.06.2014.
The Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE), ever since its establishment, aims to bring quality in higher education in spite of hurdles triggered due to state bifurcation and globalization processes. TSCHE has conducted the Common Entrance Tests (CETs) successfully for the year 2018-19 and admissions have been completed within the stipulated time.