As per the official notification released by the National Law University, Delhi, the online registration for AILET 2021 will start in the first week of January 2021. The notification further states that the exam will be held on 2 May 2021 for all India levels. The exam will be conducted during the morning shift, i.e., 10:00 AM IST to 11:30 AM IST for admissions to integrated BA LLB, LLM and PhD courses offered by the university.
Another major law entrance exam, Common Law Admission Test or CLAT, is also expected to be held in the first week of May. CLAT is conducted for both integrated LLB and LLM and its scores are accepted by 22 national law universities across the country. The CLAT 2021 application form is expected in the first to second week of January as well. The application form for CLAT 2021 may also be released around the first week of January.
How to Apply for AILET 2021 Online?
Candidates wishing to register for admission to NLU Delhi can visit the official website and follow the steps mentioned below to fill out the AILET 2021 application form once it is released.
- Visit the official website – nludelhi.ac.in
- Scroll down on the home page and click on “AILET Admissions 2021” link on the left side.
- On the redirected page, under the title “Admission Notice”, click on the link ” Online Application Form”.
- Register as a new user and click on “Create New Account”.
- Fill out all the details and hit “Create Account”.
- Select the course wishing to appear and hit “Apply Now”.
- The application form will be displayed on your screen.
- Furnish all the details, upload the required documents and click on ” Save/Continue to payment”.
- Pay the requisite fees.
- Save a copy or take a print out for future reference.
About AILET 2021
AILET (All India Law Entrance Test) is conducted by the National Law University, Delhi every year for admissions to various UG and PG law programs. The question paper generally consists of 150 Multiple Choice Questions for 150 marks and the exam is conducted for a duration of 1 hour and 30 minutes. Candidates are asked questions on general knowledge, legal aptitude, current affairs, qualitative aptitude, among others. Last year, the AILET 2020 law entrance exam was held by NTA i.e. the National Testing Agency on behalf of NLU Delhi. Candidates are advised to keep visiting the official website for regular updates.