Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent lockdown and its extension, IIT-Kanpur, the regulating body for conducting IIT JAM 2020 has revised the timeline for MSc Admission Process. As per the notification available on the website, the 1st MSc Admission List for IIT JAM 2020 exam will be declared on June 15, 2020. The result for IIT JAM 2020 was released in March and the admission process based on it will start in due course of time. Statistics reveal that out of a total of 73,360 candidates who had registered for JAM 2020, 62654 candidates had appeared for it. Of this number, 14623 candidates qualified in the examination.
NOTE: In addition to extension of application submission for admission, the exam authority has also made arrangements for provisional admission to MSc Programmes offered by various IITs, on the basis of IIT JAM 2020 scores without submission of the relevant documents. In order to make use of this option, students will be required to submit a declaration ensuring that they will be submitting the necessary documents at a later date, as prescribed by the respective institutes.
Revised Datesheet for Admission of IIT JAM 2020
|Submission of Application Form for Admission||April 10, 2020 to May 10, 2020|
|Last Date for editing application form (Change of Category in Proper Format
and Rectification of Defective Documents)
|May 15, 2020|
|Declaration of First Admission List||June 15, 2020|
|Declaration of second Admission List||June 30, 2020|
|Declaration of Third and Final Admission List||July 15, 2020|
|Closure of M.Sc admission process||July 20, 2020|
Steps to apply for IIT JAM 2020 Admission
- Applicants must use their Enrollment ID and password to log into JOAPS PORTAL and view their scores.
- If the applicant has qualified, he/she can start applying for admission by choosing “Application form for Admission” after login.
- Documents like Class X and XII certificate, all the degree mark sheets (all semesters) have to be uploaded.
- If a candidate falls under the General category, Nationality certificate (Birth Certificate or Voter ID or First page of Passport or School Transfer Certificate (TC) showing nationality or Nationality Certificate issued by the authorized government agency or Aadhar Card) must be uploaded.
- If the candidate is falling under other categories, their respective category certificates need to be uploaded.
- The photograph and signature uploaded at the time of applying for JAM 2020 Examination will
be used for the admission process. They need not be uploaded again.
Note: Irrespective of whether a candidate has qualified in one or two test papers, only one completed Admission Form should be submitted.
Eligibility Requirements For Admission of IIT JAM 2020
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree.
- For General/OBC-NCL/EWS category candidates, CGPA/CPI without rounding-off should be at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 and 50% or 5.0 out of 10 for SC/ST and PwD candidates.
- All admitted candidates are required to submit a Physical Fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner at the time of admission. The admitting institute may also conduct a separate Physical Fitness test.
About JAM 2020
JAM (Joint Admission Test) started conducting from 2004. Those who qualify in the examination are eligibile for admissions into M.Sc. (Four Semesters), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree programs at the IITs and Integrated Ph.D. Degree Programme at IISc for consolidating Science as a career opportunity. The standard of education provided by these IITs and IISc are comparable to the best in the world. The curriculum for these programs are prepared in such a way that it raises the talent of the students, thereby granting a successful career.